For centuries, acupuncture has been used to rejuvenate the skin and erase wrinkles. Johanna has been trained by Michelle Gellis and is also certified in Acumicro needling. With a combination of needles, facial cupping and guasha, your skin will regain the youthful volume it had originally. Cosmetic acupuncture is a non-surgical and minimally invasive process with no down time.
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture, often referred to as cosmetic acupuncture or an “acupuncture facelift,” is a centuries old technique designed to promote a healthy glow from the inside out. Gentle and effective, facial rejuvenation combats the signs of aging in a non-surgical and minimally evasive process.
Unlike harsher cosmetic treatments such as collagen injections, chemical peels and Botox, facial rejuvenation painlessly uses a combination of needles, facial cupping and guasha to restore your skin’s youthful volume. It lessens the appearance of fine lines, as well as deeper wrinkles, while improving muscle tone and tightening pores.
Facial Rejuvination Benefits & Conditions Treated
Facial rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure that aims to improve the appearance and health of your skin. Facial rejuvenation can help you reduce the signs of aging, such as wrinkles, sagging, dullness, and uneven tone. Facial rejuvenation can also help you enhance your natural beauty, such as by lifting your eyebrows, brightening your eyes, smoothing your lips, and contouring your cheeks. Facial rejuvenation can be effective in addressing the following signs of aging:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Crow’s Feet
- Sagging Skin and Drooping Eyelids
- Dark Circles or Bags Under the Eyes
- Age Spots and Uneven Skin Tone
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Double Chins and Jowls
- Puffiness and Poor Muscle Tone
At Acupuncture by Johanna, we offer a unique and effective facial rejuvenation service that combines the benefits of acupuncture and natural skincare products. Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the face and body to stimulate the flow of energy and blood. Acupuncture can help you relax your facial muscles, improve your skin elasticity, increase your collagen production, and balance your hormones. Natural skincare products are made from organic and herbal ingredients that nourish, hydrate, and protect your skin from environmental damage.
Our facial rejuvenation service is customized to suit your individual needs and preferences. Our experienced acupuncturists will conduct a thorough consultation with you to determine your skin type, condition, and goals. They will then design a personalized treatment plan that includes the best acupuncture points and skincare products for you. Our facial rejuvenation service is safe, gentle, and painless. You will feel a slight tingling sensation as the needles are inserted, but no discomfort or bleeding. You will also enjoy a relaxing massage and a soothing mask during the treatment.
Our facial rejuvenation service is affordable and convenient. You can book an appointment online or by phone. We offer flexible scheduling options and accept most insurance plans. Don’t wait any longer to experience the amazing results of facial rejuvenation. Contact us today and let us help you look younger, healthier, and happier. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation is a form of cosmetic acupuncture that uses thin, sterile needles to stimulate specific points on the face, head, and neck. The aim is to improve the appearance and health of the skin, reduce the signs of aging, and enhance the natural beauty and features of the face.
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation works by increasing the blood flow and energy circulation in the face, which nourishes the skin cells and tissues with oxygen and nutrients. It also stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that give the skin its firmness and elasticity. Additionally, it relaxes the facial muscles and nerves, which reduces the tension and expression lines that cause wrinkles. Furthermore, it balances the hormones and the internal organs, which can affect the skin condition and the overall well-being.
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation can offer a range of benefits for the skin and the face, such as:
- Smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines: Acupuncture can help reduce the depth and length of wrinkles and fine lines, especially around the eyes, mouth, and forehead, by relaxing the facial muscles and stimulating the collagen and elastin production.
- Lifting and toning the skin: Acupuncture can help lift and tone the skin, especially on the cheeks, chin, and jawline, by enhancing the blood flow and energy flow, and by strengthening the facial muscles and tissues.
- Brightening and evening the complexion: Acupuncture can help brighten and even the complexion, by improving the skin texture, clarity, and hydration, and by reducing the pigmentation, spots, and scars, caused by sun damage, aging, or acne.
- Improving the skin health and function: Acupuncture can help improve the skin health and function, by boosting the skin immunity, healing, and regeneration, and by regulating the skin oil, moisture, and pH balance.
- Enhancing the facial features and expression: Acupuncture can help enhance the facial features and expression, by accentuating the eyes, lips, nose, and ears, and by improving the facial symmetry and harmony.
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation is generally safe and well-tolerated when performed by a qualified and experienced acupuncturist who follows proper hygiene and sterilization procedures. The needles used are single-use and disposable, and the risk of infection or serious adverse effects is very low. Some minor side effects, such as bruising, redness, soreness, or itching at the needle site, may occur, but they are usually mild and temporary. However, acupuncture for facial rejuvenation is not suitable for everyone, and some people may have contraindications or precautions for the treatment.
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation is not recommended for people who have certain medical conditions or circumstances that may increase the risk of complications or adverse effects from the treatment. Some of the contraindications or precautions for acupuncture for facial rejuvenation include:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may affect the hormonal balance and the blood flow of pregnant or breastfeeding women, which may harm the fetus or the baby.
- Heart or blood pressure problems: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may cause changes in the heart rate and the blood pressure, which may be dangerous for people who have heart diseases, arrhythmias, hypertension, or hypotension.
- Blood disorders or anticoagulant medication: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may cause bleeding or bruising, especially for people who have blood disorders, such as hemophilia, anemia, or leukemia, or who are taking anticoagulant medication, such as warfarin, aspirin, or heparin.
- Skin problems or allergies: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may cause skin irritation, infection, or damage, especially for people who have skin diseases, such as eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis, or who are allergic or sensitive to the material of the needles, the lubricant, or the heat.
- Cancer or metastasis: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may stimulate the growth or the spread of cancer cells, especially for people who have cancer or metastasis, or who are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Botox or fillers: Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation may interfere with the effects or the longevity of Botox or fillers, especially if the needles are inserted in the same areas where the injections were done.
The number and frequency of sessions you need depend on your skin condition, your goals, and your response to acupuncture for facial rejuvenation. Some people may notice immediate or significant improvement after one or a few sessions, while others may need more sessions or maintenance treatments to achieve or sustain their desired results. Generally, it is recommended to have at least 10 to 12 sessions, once or twice a week, for the first course of treatment, followed by monthly or quarterly top-up sessions. Your acupuncturist will monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan accordingly. The optimal duration and interval of sessions may vary from person to person, but usually range from 45 to 90 minutes per session, and from 3 to 7 days between sessions.
To prepare for the session, you should avoid alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, and other substances that may interfere with the effects of acupuncture for facial rejuvenation. You should also drink plenty of water, eat lightly, and wear loose and comfortable clothing. You should also inform your acupuncturist of any medical conditions, medications, allergies, or sensitivities you may have, and ask any questions or concerns you may have about the procedure. After the session, you should drink plenty of water, eat a balanced diet, and rest well. You should also avoid strenuous activities, extreme temperatures, or emotional stress for a few hours after the session. You should also follow your acupuncturist’s advice on how to care for your skin and your health after the session.